Tips for creating your own guided imagery file
If you decide to create a mental imagery script:
- See the sample scripts Going out to a bar with friends or Being around smokers for suggestions.
- First decide what you want the guided imagery file to address. It could be relaxation or anything you like.
- Your audio file can be up to 10 minutes long.
- When you’re clear about what you want to do, write down a few words that will prompt you to create vivid images of you performing that particular activity.
- Create images as if you had a camera on top your head that are vivid, realistic, and include sights, sounds, tastes, physical sensations, and emotions.
- Write down all these images in preparation for recording your own file.
- It takes about 30 minutes to write a script and record the audio file.
- After you’ve finalized your script, you’ll record it.
- Your audio file is stored on your phone and is private.